Question:
Our central air conditioner was accidentally lowered all the way down and it has stopped working... Help?
chukoy
2008-09-04 14:40:51 UTC
Our central air conditioner was accidentally lowered all the way down and it has stopped working. We turned it off for an hour and turned it back on again. There's air coming out of the vents but it's not cooling, it actually feels a little warm. I checked out the unit outside and the fan isn't working. What could be the problem? Blown fuse or capacitors maybe? It's fairly new so I don't want to think that it's already broken down. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Four answers:
Lee D
2008-09-04 15:13:25 UTC
I don't understand the question? do you mean you lowered the thermostat to it's lowest setting?If that it,it shouldn't have any effect on the unit,except getting very cool in the house.You said the fan wasn't running?Was the compressor running?If so you probably got a bad fan motor.Also check the double pole breaker at the panel.It may be tripped.If it is tripped push the handle hard to off and then to on.If it trips again you got problems at the unit.You said it fairly new.If it's a year or less, the fan is under warrenty.The compressor warrenty can be from three to five years on it.

.
Johnie 13
2008-09-04 15:22:04 UTC
HVAC Tech.: You could have a whole host of problems, lets take a look at the most obvious. When you are near the outside unit can you hear a soft humming noise? if you can lets go on to the next step, check breakers / fusses to assure 230volt power supply. If you have power and the unit is not running you will need professional help, call a trained technician. Best of luck!
?
2016-10-15 02:01:15 UTC
First make certain the fan is set to motor vehicle, not on or it is going to run each and every of the time. no count number if it particularly is interior the on place, the fan will run constantly, however the A/C will kick on and rancid as necessary. the different project could be the two it is not cooling precise or it particularly is rather warm exterior. A/C contraptions can purely cool the abode no greater advantageous than 20 to twenty-5 stages F (you will could do the conversion) under the exterior ambient temperature.
2008-09-04 14:57:22 UTC
Make sure you have high voltage(breakers or fuses).Look for a broken or loose 24 volt connection from your thermostat or to your outdoor unit.

The problem is electrically related somehow.Did the copper tubing kink or twist ?

Check if the outdoor unit is attempting to run.

Shut the power off,pull the panel and look for any ice on the coil.